Inflatable Kayaks also known as "Duckies" or "IK" are a great way to get out on the water. Whether it is paddling on lakes or rivers, these boats are easy to paddle and stable. Inflatable kayaks are great family fun on lakes and easy rivers and for the adventure seakers running whitewater. These boats roll up and fit into any vehicle trunk or car seat. Simply inflate the boat when you get to your destination with the included pump and away you go. The Duckies that we rent are self bailing so any water that is splashed in will drain out through holes along the inflatable floor of the kayak. If you have never seen this it works great. You can even do self-supported overnight trips using a tandem Ducky, paddle this boat by your self with a dry bag in the place of a paddling partner. Larger people of 250 pounds or more might want to rent our tandem kayak to increase the carrying capacity to maintain the maneuverability of the boat.
All the inflatable kayaks come standard with a self bailing floor, an adjustable seat or two seats, two handles bow and stern, Leafield C-7 Valves in the outer chambers, and a Leafield A6 pressure release valve in the floor.
Solo Adventure Series
Tandem Adventure Series
Tube Diameter: 12"
Weight: 42 lbs
Lightweight and maneuverable
Gear space for one person
Tube Diameter: 13"
Weight: 55 lbs
Lightweight and maneuverable
2 back rests
Gear space for 1-2 people
These rental packages include
One Person Ducky
Two Person Ducky
2 Life Jackets
What to Bring
* Swim shorts
* Warm layers such as fleece
* Shoes or sandals that won't fall off
* Dry clothes
* PFD stands for Personal Floatation Device, also known as a Lifejacket.
* Touring Kayak Packages include the boat, paddle, pfd and a sprayskirt if the boat requires one.
Half day rentals must be picked up between 11am and 5pm on the same day.
Overnight rentals can be picked up after 5pm and returned before 11 am the next day.
Due to the rental shop opening May 1st., we are not offering half day rentals until after May 1 and will arrange to meet rental pickups and returns before May 1st.
The person renting the equipment must sign a waiver and be at least 18 years of age. A security deposit is required for the value of the item being rented. The security deposit is best as an imprint of your credit card. If the person picking up the rental is under the age of 18, the waiver will need to be signed by a parent. Please contact us for the paper work if a youth will need to pickup the rental without a parent.
1. Check the calendar for availability
2. Reserve your rental and specify dates.
3. Your card will be Authorized (not charged) for the amount of the damage deposit at the time of pickup, (the security deposit).
4. A half day rental can be picked up and returned anytime during business hours on the same day.
5. You get a free pickup and drop off day for rentals that are a minimum of one full day.
Experience is strongly recommended to rent an inflatable kayak. It looks easy, but you still need to know how to paddle a kayak without just going in circles. Swimming ability and physical fitness are absolutely necessary. Helmets are necessary, unless paddling on a lake.
* If you reserve an item that is already reserved, yet not marked on the calendar, we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue. It’s rare, but it’s possible for an item to be double booked before the calendar is properly updated.
We offer a free pick-up and a free return day on rentals that are one day or more. For example, a rental that is picked up anytime on Friday and returned anytime on Monday would only be considered a two-day rental. For these rentals, you may pick up your rental 4pm to 6pm the day before your trip. Your rental must be returned by close of business the day of the trip. If your rental items are not reserved to another customer the following day, we can be flexible. When you pick up the equipment, you will need to load it onto your vehicle. It’s the driver’s responsibility to check that gear is properly loaded. Please bring tie downs if you plan to load rental items on the roof of your vehicle. We have some cam straps to help.
Inflatable kayaks can deflate and roll up in the trunk, or strapped to a roof rack.
* Please clean all equipment before returning it. A wet sponge cleaning is fine.
* Once the gear is clean, bring it to the back entrance of our store on 15th St. Notify an employee that you are ready to check in gear. They will check all equipment for damage. If there is damage, your security deposit will be held until the cost of repairs are determined. At that point, you will be notified of charges, and they will be added to your card. Then the security deposit authorization will be lifted.
Fees for excessive wear and tear including holes, tears, large abrasions will be accessed based on repair materials, labor and depreciation of the equipment.
Damage and Security Deposit
A fully refundable damage/loss security deposit is required at the time of pick-up, & will be held with your personal check or credit card. Repair charges will be assessed for repairable damaged equipment. A contract/liability waiver must be signed by the renter at the time of pick-up.
To reserve these items, choose a pickup date
from the option box above, choose the quantity of the item(s) you wish to rent
, the number of days your wish to rent this gear, (note: your pickup date should be the day you will pickup your rental, your pickup day and dropoff day are not part of your total rental days)
and press the submit button above. Once you have reserved your equipment, you will get a confirmation email from Whitewater Tube Company.
Rental Pickup Location
Whitewater Tube Company at 3600 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO. Shop Hours: 10am to 6pm
Please see our directions and driving times in the upper right hand corner of this page for the location of Boulder, Colorado. You can enter a starting location and our website will load a Google Printable Map for you and estimate your drive time.
50% of the rental fee is non-refundable reservation fee. Within 7 days of the rental pickup, funds are committed and non-refundable. With 48 hours or more lead time, your rental may be rescheduled. We do not offer refunds due to weather or water conditions.