Canoe Rental Packages
* 15’6" long
* 37" width for great stability
* 2 person
* Gear space
* Great for lakes and mellow rivers
* 2 paddles
* 2 PFDs, (Personal Floatation Device)
Rent a canoe to paddle on lakes or rivers.The Journey Canoe by Mad River is a great canoe for day trips, family outings and for overnight canoe trips. Whether it is the remote areas that you can access with a canoe, a fishing trip or the exercise you get, there is nothing like messing around in a canoe. Renting a canoe for a trip with a partner can be a great romantic get-away. Your options are endless and we have the canoe for you.
Mad River Journey 156The Journey series has been penned by Mad River Canoe founder Jim Henry. Designed as a fully capable series of canoes that are welcoming to new paddlers yet have the performance, capabilities, and capacities to please experienced canoeists. Crafted of our 3 layer polyethylene, they are very durable and care-free. In keeping with Mr Henry’s history and philosophy, they paddle very well, with a surprising turn of speed and rock solid stability. It’s hard to go wrong on a Journey.
|Rental Prices||1/2 day or overnight||1 day||2 day||3 day||4 day||extra days||damage
|Tandem Canoe Rental Package Canoe, 2-paddles, 2-pfds||$55||$55||$70||$85||$100||$15||$1100|
|Personal Floatation Device (PFD)||$6||$6||$10||$14||$16||$2||$60|
|Paco Pad Sleeping Pad 2x28x72||$10||$10||$16||$20||$24||$2||$225|
|Groover 50 Uses||$10||$10||$16||$20||$24||$2||$200|
|Groover Spare Tank||$6||$6||$10||$14||$16||$2||$100|
|Farmer John Wetsuit||$10||$10||$16||$20||$24||$2||$100|
|Waterproof Paddle Jacket||$6||$6||$10||$14||$16||$2||$100|
* PFD stands for Personal Floatation Device, also known as a Lifejacket.
Overnight rentals can be picked up after 5pm and returned before 11 am the next day.
The person renting the equipment must sign a waiver and be at least 18 years of age. A security deposit is required for the value of the item being rented. The security deposit is best as an imprint of your credit card. If the person picking up the rental is under the age of 18, the waiver will need to be signed by a parent. Please contact us for the paper work if a youth will need to pickup the rental without a parent.
1. Check the calendar for availability
2. Reserve your rental and specify dates.
3. Your card will be Authorized (not charged) for the amount of the damage deposit at the time of pickup, (the security deposit).
4. A half day rental can be picked up and returned anytime during business hours on the same day.
5. You get a free pickup and drop off day for rentals that are a minimum of one full day.
Our canoe rentals are intended to be used on lakes or flat rivers. Whitewater is not recommended. Experienced canoeists may feel comfortable on class 2 whitewater rivers. * If you reserve an item that is already reserved, yet not marked on the calendar, we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue. It’s rare, but it’s possible for an item to be double booked before the calendar is properly updated.
We offer a free pick-up and a free return day on rentals that are one day or more. For example, a rental that is picked up anytime on Friday and returned anytime on Monday would only be considered a two-day rental. For these rentals, you may pick up your rental 4pm to 6pm the day before your trip. Your rental must be returned by close of business the day of the trip. If your rental items are not reserved to another customer the following day, we can be flexible. When you pick up the equipment, you will need to load it onto your vehicle. It’s the driver’s responsibility to check that gear is properly loaded. Please bring tie downs if you plan to load rental items on the roof of your vehicle. We have some cam straps to help.
* Please clean all equipment before returning it. A wet sponge cleaning is fine. * Once the gear is clean, bring it to the back entrance of our store on 15th St. Notify an employee that you are ready to check in gear. They will check all equipment for damage. If there is damage, your security deposit will be held until the cost of repairs are determined. At that point, you will be notified of charges, and they will be added to your card. Then the security deposit authorization will be lifted.
Fees for excessive wear and tear including holes, tears, large abrasions will be accessed based on repair materials, labor and depreciation of the equipment.
Damage and Security Deposit
A fully refundable damage/loss security deposit is required at the time of pick-up, & will be held with your personal check or credit card. Repair charges will be assessed for repairable damaged equipment. A contract/liability waiver must be signed by the renter at the time of pick-up.
At this time, we have finished with our rentals for the summer season of 2014. We are in the process of checking our used gear and putting it on sale. Please check back with us for rentals for next year.
Rental Pickup Location
Whitewater Tube Company at 3600 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO. Shop Hours: 10am to 6pm
Please see our directions and driving times in the upper right hand corner of this page for the location of Boulder, Colorado. You can enter a starting location and our website will load a Google Printable Map for you and estimate your drive time.