Touring Kayak Rentals
Rent the gear to paddle on lakes or rivers.We have kayaks that can be used on lakes and rivers to full on sea kayaks. Whether you need speed, gear storage for overnight trips, a sit-on-top kayak for fishing or just messing around, we have the boat for you.
There is nothing more satisfying than doing a self-support camping trip out of a kayak. It is like backpacking except that the boat is doing the back breaking hauling part. Most whitewater kayaks are hard to camp out of. Stuffing gear and dry bags behind the seat is a pain then tugging and pulling everything out at night can be another nightmare but a hatch with cargo space eliminates the pushing and tugging of gear by offering a dry storage compartment that is easily accessed through its large back access hatch. Easy on and off the backcess hatch is stiff, lightweight and dry. The storage compartment can easily hold a weeks worth of camping gear.
Delsyk Nifty 385 12'6" length. A comfortable mid-section combined with a sea-worthy bow make this boat extremely versatile. The hull is designed for easy tracking allowing a new paddler to be able to have boat control from the start. The 385 makes learning to paddle fun and easy. The unique hull design will also give skilled paddlers the chance to show off their most advanced skills.
Tandem Cruiser Kayak Package: Sit in Kayak, the package includes 2 paddles, 2 pfds and tie downs. The Prijon Cruiser II is the ideal touring kayak for the two people. Very stable, the Cruiser II boasts two cockpits offering both paddlers more protection than an open canoe-style boat. In cold or rough weather spray skirts can be used to provide both paddlers with the warmth and protection usually only available in single kayaks.
Specifications: 17' x 28" and weighs 86 pounds. Capacity is 640 pounds
Roof Racks for Kayak Transport
Rent a roof rack to transport a kayak on the top of almost any vehicle. Straps are included. This rack clips inside your door. If you do not have a roof rack/luggage rack and you do not rent this roof rack, you may not be able to transport your kayak.
1. Check the calendar for availability
2. Reserve your rental and specify dates.
3. Your card will be Authorized (not charged) for the amount of the damage deposit at the time of pickup, (the security deposit).
4. Half day rentals are picked up and dropped off between 11am and 3pm.
5. Overnight rentals can be picked up after 5pm and returned before 11am the next day.
6. One day rentals are upto 24 hours.
7. You get a free pickup and drop off evening/morning for rentals that are a minimum of 2 days.
The person renting the equipment must sign a waiver and be at least 18 years of age. A security deposit is required for the value of the item being rented. The security deposit is best as an imprint of your credit card. If the person picking up the rental is under the age of 18, the waiver will need to be signed by a parent. Please contact us for the paper work if a youth will need to pickup the rental without a parent.
* Touring Kayak Packages include the boat, paddle, pfd and a sprayskirt if the boat requires one.
Half day rentals must be picked up between 11am and 5pm on the same day.
* If you reserve an item that is already reserved, yet not marked on the calendar, we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue. It’s rare, but it’s possible for an item to be double booked before the calendar is properly updated.
We offer a free pick-up and a free return day on rentals that are two days or more. For example, a rental that is picked up 5pm on Friday and returned at 11am Monday, would only be considered a two-day rental. For these rentals, you may pick up your rental 4pm to 6pm the day before your trip. Your rental must be returned 10am to 12pm for the return day to be free. Afternoon returns are counted toward your total rental days. When you pick up the equipment, you will need to load it onto your vehicle. It’s the driver’s responsibility to check that gear is properly loaded. Please bring tie downs if you plan to load rental items on the roof of your vehicle. We have some cam straps to help.
* Please clean all equipment before returning it. A wet sponge cleaning is fine. Make sure there is no personal gear, trash, sand, dirt, leaves, pine needles, or anything else left in the back of the kayak.
* Once the gear is clean, bring it to the back entrance of our store on 15th St. Notify an employee that you are ready to check in gear. They will check all equipment for damage. If there is damage, your security deposit will be held until the cost of repairs are determined. At that point, you will be notified of charges, and they will be added to your card. Then the security deposit authorization will be lifted.
Fees for excessive wear and tear including holes, tears, large abrasions will be accessed based on repair materials, labor and depreciation of the equipment.
Damage and Security Deposit
A fully refundable damage/loss security deposit is required at the time of pick-up, & will be held with your personal check or credit card. Repair charges will be assessed for repairable damaged equipment. A contract/liability waiver must be signed by the renter at the time of pick-up.
We no longer offer reservations for this rental gear.
Please contact: Whitewater Sport at 720-239-2179
Between May 1st and Labor Day when they are open.
You can also contact them by email at: email@example.com
Rental Pickup Location
Whitewater Sport at 3600 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO. Shop Hours: 10am to 6pm
Please see our directions and driving times in the upper right hand corner of this page for the location of Boulder, Colorado. You can enter a starting location and our website will load a Google Printable Map for you and estimate your drive time.
50% of the rental fee is non-refundable reservation fee. Within 7 days of the rental pickup, funds are committed and non-refundable. With 48 hours or more lead time, your rental may be rescheduled. We do not offer refunds due to weather or water conditions.