Stand Up Paddle Board Rentals
Rent the gear to paddle on lakes or rivers.Stand up Paddling is catching on as a great way to enjoy the outdoors and get exactly the work you want. It is great for kids through Olympic athletes as the more you work at it, the better the work out you get. At the entry level, this sport is easy to learn and pickup. We have a 2.5 hour lesson that includes all the gear, which we recommend or you can experiment and learn this sport on your own. Either way we have you covered with lessons, rentals and sales of Stand Up Paddle Boards, (SUP).
We rent boards for lakes and rivers. This is great family fun. We have boards for different sizes of people, for lakes or river running. With larger boards you can even do overnight trips on lakes or rivers.
Board Descriptions:Please see our online store to purchase a board and see specific board dimensions.
All Around SUPS
10' to 12' boards by about 32" wide. Stable for new paddlers upto about 200 pounds.
Solo Inflatable SUPs
NRS Baron or Tyrant: an inflatable SUP, thick, great for lakes and rivers. Pump is included!
Tandem/larger Inflatable SUPs
Astro Tandem Inflatable SUP: 16'x32". This inflatable if great for families, couples, and larger people. 2 Paddles, 2 Pfds and the Pump are included in the package!
SUP Board Bags
Rent a board bag for your SUP or to transport one of our boards. Board bags help protect SUP Boards from damage.
Roof Racks for SUP Transport
Rent a roof rack to transport one or two rental SUPs on the top of almost any vehicle. Straps are included. This rack clips inside your door. If you do not have a roof rack/luggage rack and you do not rent this roof rack, then we suggest renting our inflatable SUPs listed below. The inflatable boards will fit in a car seat or trunk.
|Rental Prices||1/2 day or overnight||1 day||2 day||3 day||4 day||extra days||damage
|SUP Rental Package board, paddle, pfd||$35||$55||$70||$85||$100||$15||$1200|
|Tandem SUP Rental Package board, paddles, pfds||$45||$65||$85||$100||$115||$15||$1900|
|SUP Board Only||$25||$40||$50||$60||$70||$10||$1150|
|Tandem SUP Board Only||$35||$55||$70||$85||$100||$15||$1600|
|Roof Rack for SUPs and Kayaks||$8||$8||$12||$16||$20||$2||$100|
|Personal Floatation Device (PFD)||$6||$6||$10||$14||$16||$2||$60|
|SUP Adjustable Paddle Only||$6||$10||$14||$16||$18||$2||$100|
|Farmer John Wetsuit||$10||$10||$16||$20||$24||$2||$100|
|Waterproof Paddle Jacket||$6||$6||$10||$14||$16||$2||$100|
Overnight rentals can be picked up after 5pm and returned before 11 am the next day.
Due to the rental shop opening May 1st., we are not offering half day rentals until after May 1 and will arrange to meet rental pickups and returns before May 1st.
The person renting the equipment must sign a waiver and be at least 18 years of age. A security deposit is required for the value of the item being rented. The security deposit is best as an imprint of your credit card. If the person picking up the rental is under the age of 18, the waiver will need to be signed by a parent. Please contact us for the paper work if a youth will need to pickup the rental without a parent.
1. Check the calendar for availability
2. Reserve your rental and specify dates.
3. Your card will be Authorized (not charged) for the amount of the damage deposit at the time of pickup, (the security deposit).
4. A half day rental can be picked up and returned anytime during business hours on the same day.
5. You get a free pickup and drop off day for rentals that are a minimum of one full day.
* We recommend taking a lesson to learn the basics of stand up paddling.
* When you pick up the paddle board, you will need to load it onto your vehicle unless you are renting an inflatable SUP, the inflatable SUPs will fit in any car seat. It’s the driver’s responsibility to check that the gear is loaded properly and will not fall off the car. Ropes or cam straps should be securely strapped around the board on a roof or in the bed of a truck. A minimum of two straps is necessary for each board.
* If you reserve an item that is already reserved, yet not marked on the calendar, we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue. It’s rare, but it’s possible for an item to be double booked before the calendar is properly updated.
We offer a free pick-up and a free return day on rentals that are one day or more. For example, a rental that is picked up 5pm on Friday and returned at 11am Monday, would only be considered a two-day rental. For these rentals, you may pick up your rental 4pm to 6pm the day before your trip. Your rental must be returned 10am to 12pm for the return day to be free. Afternoon returns are counted toward your total rental days. When you pick up the equipment, you will need to load it onto your vehicle. It’s the driver’s responsibility to check that gear is properly loaded. Please bring tie downs if you plan to load rental items on the roof of your vehicle. We have some cam straps to help.
* Please clean all equipment before returning it. A wet sponge cleaning is fine. Make sure there is no mud or dirt on the board or stuck to the grip deck. Make sure all fins are attached properly to the stand up board.
* Once the gear is clean, bring it to the back entrance of our store on 15th St. Notify an employee that you are ready to check in gear. They will check all equipment for damage. If there is damage, your security deposit will be held until the cost of repairs are determined. At that point, you will be notified of charges, and they will be added to your card. Then the security deposit authorization will be lifted.
Fees for excessive wear and tear including holes, tears, large abrasions will be accessed based on repair materials, labor and depreciation of the equipment.
Damage and Security Deposit
A fully refundable damage/loss security deposit is required at the time of pick-up, & will be held with your personal check or credit card. Repair charges will be assessed for repairable damaged equipment. A contract/liability waiver must be signed by the renter at the time of pick-up.
To reserve these items, choose a pickup date from the option box above, choose the quantity of the item(s) you wish to rent , the number of days your wish to rent this gear, (note: your pickup date should be the day you will pickup your rental, your pickup day and dropoff day are not part of your total rental days) and press the submit button above. Once you have reserved your equipment, you will get a confirmation email from Whitewater Sport.Rental Pickup Location
Whitewater Sport at 3600 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO. Shop Hours: 10am to 6pm Please see our directions and driving times in the upper right hand corner of this page for the location of Boulder, Colorado. You can enter a starting location and our website will load a Google Printable Map for you and estimate your drive time.
50% of the rental fee is non-refundable reservation fee. Within 7 days of the rental pickup, funds are committed and non-refundable. With 48 hours or more lead time, your rental may be rescheduled. We do not offer refunds due to weather or water conditions.