Kayak Rentals and Accessories
Rent the gear to paddle on lakes and rivers.We rent kayaks for paddling lakes and rivers. These kayaks are designed for river running but can be used on a lake to paddle around, practice the eskimo roll or practice freestyle tricks.
At this time, we do not have any whitewater kayaks for rent.
Roof Racks for Kayak Transport
Rent a roof rack to transport a kayak on the top of almost any vehicle. Straps are included. This rack clips inside your door. If you do not have a roof rack/luggage rack and you do not rent this roof rack, you may not be able to transport your kayak.
|Rental Prices||1/2 day or overnight||1 day||2 day||3 day||4 day||extra days||damage
|Roof Rack for SUPs and Kayaks||$8||$8||$12||$16||$20||$2||$100|
|Personal Floatation Device (PFD)||$6||$6||$10||$14||$16||$2||$60|
|Farmer John Wetsuit||$10||$10||$16||$20||$24||$2||$100|
|Waterproof Paddle Jacket||$6||$6||$10||$14||$16||$2||$100|
* All kayaks come with flotation in the boat and kayak packages include: Boat, Helmet, PFD, Sprayskirt, and a Paddle.
Overnight rentals can be picked up after 5pm and returned before 11 am the next day.
The person renting the equipment must sign a waiver and be at least 18 years of age. A security deposit is required for the value of the item being rented. The security deposit is best as an imprint of your credit card. If the person picking up the rental is under the age of 18, the waiver will need to be signed by a parent. Please contact us for the paper work if a youth will need to pickup the rental without a parent.
1. Check the calendar for availability
2. Reserve your rental and specify dates.
3. Your card will be Authorized (not charged) for the amount of the damage deposit at the time of pickup, (the security deposit).
4. A half day rental can be picked up and returned anytime during business hours on the same day.
5. You get a free pickup and drop off day for rentals that are a minimum of one full day.
Experience is required to rent a whitewater kayak, unless you are taking it to a lake. We strongly recommend taking a lesson, please see: Learn to Kayak for lessons. Before you head to a river, you should have a knowledge of local rivers, whitewater, and swiftwater rescue. * If you reserve an item that is already reserved, yet not marked on the calendar, we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue. It’s rare, but it’s possible for an item to be double booked before the calendar is properly updated.
We offer a free pick-up and a free return day on rentals that are one day or more. For example, a rental that is picked up 5pm on Friday and returned at 11am Monday, would only be considered a two-day rental. For these rentals, you may pick up your rental 4pm to 6pm the day before your trip. Your rental must be returned 10am to 12pm for the return day to be free. Afternoon returns are counted toward your total rental days. When you pick up the equipment, you will need to load it onto your vehicle. It’s the driver’s responsibility to check that gear is properly loaded. Please bring tie downs if you plan to load rental items on the roof of your vehicle. We have some cam straps to help.
* Please clean all equipment before returning it. A wet sponge cleaning is fine. Make sure there is no personal gear, trash, sand, dirt, leaves, pine needles, or anything else left in the back of the kayak.
* Once the gear is clean, bring it to the back entrance of our store on 15th St. Notify an employee that you are ready to check in gear. They will check all equipment for damage. If there is damage, your security deposit will be held until the cost of repairs are determined. At that point, you will be notified of charges, and they will be added to your card. Then the security deposit authorization will be lifted.
Fees for excessive wear and tear including holes, tears, large abrasions will be accessed based on repair materials, labor and depreciation of the equipment.
Damage and Security Deposit
A fully refundable damage/loss security deposit is required at the time of pick-up, & will be held with your personal check or credit card. Repair charges will be assessed for repairable damaged equipment. A contract/liability waiver must be signed by the renter at the time of pick-up.
At this time, we have finished with our rentals for the summer season of 2015. We are in the process of checking our used gear and putting it on sale. Please check back with us for rentals for next year.
Rental Pickup Location
Whitewater Tube Company at 3600 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO. Shop Hours: 10am to 6pm
Please see our directions and driving times in the upper right hand corner of this page for the location of Boulder, Colorado. You can enter a starting location and our website will load a Google Printable Map for you and estimate your drive time.